Source code no longer available?

For discussions about the release version of the game.
DistantThunder

Source code no longer available?

Post by DistantThunder »

In downloading a copy of release 1.03 I wanted to also get an updated copy of the source code but it appears to no longer be publicly available? This page refers to https://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/ which doesn't seem to exist and the source code page of the home page just directs you to the download page which doesn't have any source code link.

It must have been available at some point since my personal archives include a dump of revision 293 from the SVN repository. I assumed this corresponded to the 1.02 release but if the message on the home page is to be believed then apparently its the source from a much earlier release?

I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered. When I search the forum for "source code" it just gives me an error saying both of those words are too common.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Source code no longer available?

Post by Steve »

I apologize for the delay in responding - I am currently extremely busy and haven't been able to check in here for a while.

The lead developer decided to take the source code down in 2014. Looking at the log, r293 made in October 2011, looks like it was the last modification made to the public depository. This forum and all of the minor bug fix releases, 1.01 through 1.03 have been from relatively minor tweaks that I personally made to my copy of the code before posting new binaries for people to download.

Are you interested in making improvements to the code and letting me post the modified binaries online for the public, while keeping the source code private? If so, contact me privately at wirsz@hotmail.com
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Source code no longer available?

Post by Steve »

Just a quick note, searches should now work properly for all words. A forum this small doesn't need "common word" restrictions.