I am doing it wrong [The Pirate Hunt military quest]

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Rising Phoenix

I am doing it wrong [The Pirate Hunt military quest]

Post by Rising Phoenix »

I have been to the location requested by the quest, but the quest log does not update and labels it as "incomplete". If they are required to complete the mission, then I must say the hints provided there are a tad too vague for me.
ptbptb

Re: I am doing it wrong [The Pirate Hunt military quest]

Post by ptbptb »

Rising Phoenix wrote:I have been to the location requested by the quest, but the quest log does not update and labels it as "incomplete". If they are required to complete the mission, then I must say the hints provided there are a tad too vague for me.
I think there are several quests that could be described as 'pirate hunt' quests, so I'm not sure which one you are referring to. Are you supposed to collect a 'cargo' or 'weapons' from the pirates? In any case, it may well be that you just have to keep hanging around in that general area until you are attacked. It can take quite some time.
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

If you are on the Pirate Hunt Mission where the clue says to "add 20" to the coordinates.........remember that the Pirates are liars and are trying to send you away from their secret location.
ptbptb

Post by ptbptb »

DBG719 wrote:If you are on the Pirate Hunt Mission where the clue says to "add 20" to the coordinates.........remember that the Pirates are liars and are trying to send you away from their secret location.
Oh, yes. That one. Finding stuff on a planet is a pain in the neck with the standard game resolution. That's why my game now runs in 1280 x 1024 resolution. :lol:
Rising Phoenix

Post by Rising Phoenix »

DBG719 wrote:If you are on the Pirate Hunt Mission where the clue says to "add 20" to the coordinates.........remember that the Pirates are liars and are trying to send you away from their secret location.
It is more the fact that I cannot find anything related to it. I assumed "planet of fire" meant the volcanic planet close to the sun; I checked it (both adding and not adding 20 to the coordinates) and I found nothing. For the "other side of gas giants" part, I tried landing on the green worlds next to the gas giants; again, I tried locations with and without adding 20 to them.

In neither case I was able to find anything.
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

Pirates are liars. They tell you to "ADD 20" to take you away. Not adding is not the answer. Expand your search a bit. Feel free to send me a private note if you are still stuck.
Good Luck!
Last edited by DBG719 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rising Phoenix

Post by Rising Phoenix »

Now if you mean "you need to remove 20"... That is annother matter.
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

Good Hunting, Captain!
Rising Phoenix

Post by Rising Phoenix »

Done, thank you for your help.

By the way, next time do not be afraid of giving that kind of spoilers. I am in for the plot anyways, since I love how detailed they tend to be in these games (Starflight series I mean). ;)
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

Because there are many eyes on the public forum, I try to be quite guarded in what I post. But I am willing to provide any spoilers or even outright answers in private messages so that the player will not abandon the game in frustration. Please enjoy this game as much as I and many others have. And feel free to send me a message if you would like any specific detailed information about a mission or the plot.

I actually envy you. There is so much more good stuff for you to encounter in this game.