Assiging Crew and Exiting

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Popcorn

Assiging Crew and Exiting

Post by Popcorn »

I am very happy I have found this game because I was a serious player of the original DOS version. I am just starting the game today, but I have a problem in assigning my crew. I appear to have them fully assigned, but I cannot EXIT to go back to my Cantina or the Docking Station in order to take my first test flight. It won't let me leave. I have had to just save the game and exit, and then resume the game play. When I do that, the Captain page starts. I do have my engine, my cargo pod, and some fuel. I then have to keep going back to Personnel to assign a crew, and I am not getting anywhere at all. Either the crew will not assign, stay assigned, or let me exit Personnel.

I am using Windows 7 on a PC. I chose the entrepreneur role or whatever the one is in the middle, (not science or military).
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Assiging Crew and Exiting

Post by Steve »

You are not allowed to leave the module until you assign all of your crew. You may hire a bunch of crewmembers but they will simply show up at the bottom of the screen under "unassigned". To assign a crew member, click on an unassigned person and then the category you want them to be assigned to.

Same with extra crewmembers - you must fire them before leaving the module.