archeaology expediation crash/nyssian encounter crash

For discussions about the release version of the game.
sunsetter

archeaology expediation crash/nyssian encounter crash

Post by sunsetter »

Playing as freelancer .I just finished getting exploring the fiacha 3 planet , got scans. When i head south of bar-zhon area , im guessing its nyssian the game crashes to desktop soon as the encounter happens with a nyssian ship.
sunsetter

Re: archeaology expediation crash/nyssian encounter crash

Post by sunsetter »

release 1.01 ver. I skipped quest . still my game crashes with every nyssian encounter, all other races functions fine, anyone else have this problem?
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

I ran into this problem on two consecutive missions. I had a discussion with Steve about this problem and he was not able to replicate it, but he had a theory he shared with me. He believed the problem may involve artifacts or alien devices that were gathered on previous missions and are no longer needed. So here is what I did and it worked. Either sell all of your old artifacts at starport or jettison them in space prior to entering Nyssian space. This solved my Nyssian problem for the rest of the game. Good Luck!
sunsetter

Post by sunsetter »

Thanks for that info , ill try that at let ya know if it works!
sunsetter

Post by sunsetter »

Well i tried jettisoning them, selling at starport. Still crashes on encounter, even skipped ahead to next mission after selling all artifacts, still crashes on Nyssian encounter.

Maybe ill play with some drivers even thoe i kinda doubt that will be it.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

There are some lua scripting bugs - drivers will not help this type of crash. If I can find them all I'll release 1.02 that should resolve the problem.