First, to the guys creating this, kudos. I used to play Starflight on my Dad's 8088 back in the mid 80's. It was fascinating, the current beta really does have the look and feel of the original game, and I've been enjoying it immensely the past few days.
I have found a couple of issues, and after reading through the forums, I didn't find anything that seemed to directly address them.
1. When you're in space travel, and you run out of fuel, you shouldn't just come to a complete stop. It just doesn't make sense, inertia should still carry you along, same was as it does if you still had fuel.
2. If you press "Launch" while on a plant and then hit land, you'll drop your TV and launch into orbit. Unfortunately, your TV is now lost, even though it should still be on the planet, right where you dropped it. I think that it should either not allow you to drop the TV while you're launching, or the TV should still be there when you go back for it.
3. Why does it take hours to turn the craft around? When you're in orbit around a plant and you need to head another direction if you watch the clock, it'll take game hours just to turn 180degrees.
4. I do agree with another person that during space travel there should be a method of slowing down when approaching a planet, and speed up the walking in the space station.
5. I don't know if this is a problem related to my machine or not, but running the game on my laptop, if I close the lid it turns off the screen, no setting on this machine to leave it on when the lid is closed, but when I open the lid, the screen is blank. I apparently have control over things as you can hear sound effects for things happening. The only way out of it is to end the task through task manager.
6. Save Game from the Escape menu seems to not do anything.
7. 99% processor utilization during game play. It plays fine, just runs the processor hard, which it probably shouldn't because the graphics aren't that complex, nor is the gameplay.
Thanks again for working on this game, look forward to the actual release.
A couple of issues
Discussion of the new series of beta test releases of this game.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 am
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:17 pm
Re: A couple of issues
I have the same problems with game speed on my computer. I don't know what to do.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1