Has anyone found Thorium???

Discussion of the new series of beta test releases of this game.
JefGD

Has anyone found Thorium???

Post by JefGD »

Has anyone found Thorium?? I'm on the mission that requires 20 CM of Thorium but I can't find any. I must have searched half the systems. Is this a bug or am I just missing it??

Jeff
Al Ray

Re: Has anyone found Thorium???

Post by Al Ray »

This one is a pain because Thorium seems to be very rare. However, it seem to occur on oceanic worlds and in asteroids after combat. However, it took me quite a long time to wrack up enough. This mission and the acid squinter one are my least favorite ones.
JefGD

Post by JefGD »

Check out an ocean planet in Elowan territory, you have to launch and land a couple of times but you should find enough Thorium there.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

I thought that the hint about "our original home world" might be sufficient to make players search for this mineral only on oceanic worlds, which are indeed the only worlds where it is possible for the mineral to drop. Also one alien race uses it in ship construction.

For beta #5 I've added the following comment, since it is difficult enough to find as it is: " A world similar in type to our original home world may possibly hold this mineral. You are hereby warned not to obtain this mineral through selvage!"
willit

Post by willit »

""You are hereby warned not to obtain this mineral through selvage""
Selvage as in a fabric weave-edge? Or, salvage?