Two Beta 4 Issues

Discussion of the new series of beta test releases of this game.
grognard

Two Beta 4 Issues

Post by grognard »

The Beta 4 upgrade to the previous Beta 3 installation on my Windows XP machine will run, but the F key won't function to turn on full screen mode in combat, at least not when I use F1 to have a pirate automatically show up.

The Beta 4 full version will not run at all on my machine. It yields the following error message:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Is this perhaps related to the `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' and `GLIBC_2.7 ' issue mentioned in the Beta 4 release post?
Rolexman

Re: Two Beta 4 Issues

Post by Rolexman »

i am having the same error. I haven't been able to run beta4 for XP. I sent a pm, but haven't been answered.

the glibc, i think, is for linux systems only.

hope this gets fixed soon. wanting to play it.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

I created a patch to resolve this problem and made it available on the main download page and also on the Beta #4 thread in these forums. From my testing in a vanilla WinXP virtual machine this patch should resolve the problem, but please let me know if you run into any other difficulties.

The note about glibc is indeed only applicable for Linux systems.

I've set up e-mail notifications for private messages in these forums in the future. Unfortunately when I put these forums up initially I used my "spam" email address and did not see your PM until after reading this thread.

As for the "F" key full screen combat, please let me know if you run across this problem with the full version of the game. I'll look into it further over here with the Beta #3 patch and correct the update if I can duplicate the problem.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

If you have upgraded from Beta #3, you can enable the [F]ull Screen command by resetting your keys. From the main menu, click on settings, then defaults.
grognard

Post by grognard »

This is to report that both fixes worked. I was able to start Beta 4 after applying the patch, and the F Key worked there for full screen. I was also able to start Beta 3, and after pushing the settings Default button and saving those settings the F key worked for full screen there as well. Thanks Steve!