To Players: What missions have you accomplished?

Discussion of the new series of beta test releases of this game.
Apocolypse

To Players: What missions have you accomplished?

Post by Apocolypse »

I am posting this topic because I would like to see how far everyone has come along in the game so far.

Currently, as a Freelancer I am at mission 36 (The Myrdann Plague). I seem to be stuck at this point since none of the aliens seem to know anything about it. Are there missions beyond this mission in the Beta (3) Version?

Your input is greatly anticipated. :-)

Thanks !
MrCatburt

Re: To Players: What missions have you accomplished?

Post by MrCatburt »

I have played both the freelancer and the science missions up to the mission about the plague and I'm stuck. Trying to play the missions in military.
Apocolypse

Post by Apocolypse »

I actually got to the point where by just mucking around, the Tafel Cargo had something to do with the Plague on Myrrdan. Now I'm stuck on the mission with the Minex fleet movements. NONE of the aliens know anything about it. Very odd. Has anyone ever landed on an alien homeworld? I get the message from the navigator Sir, we cannot land on this protected world, even tho the aliens tell you where it is and tell you to go there. Mebbe it's a beta thing. I dunno. Your feedback would be appreciated.

-Apocolypse
Apocolypse

Post by Apocolypse »

Are there supposed to be starports around the alien homeworlds ? I got invited to the Tafel Homeworld and the Bar-Zon Naval Station, but you can't land on either one and there is NO starport. Is this a bug or is the beta 3 incomplete? NONE of the aliens change their dialog EVER. Nothing about the Minex Fleet movements or the Virus. Can someone point me in the right direction?

THANKS! :roll:
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

See my comment in the missions thread about missions 36+ and additional dialogue. They will show up in the next beta. Additional star ports and landing on alien home worlds and trade was initially envisioned in the game but never implemented.

I have worked on trying to put together the outlines of a complete trade engine in LUA encounter script. Some of these features might be implemented after the "final" release of the game is done.
Apocolypse

Post by Apocolypse »

When might we expect Beta 4 (Or Better yet, a patch for Beta 3 that will make it Beta 4...) :D
hansolo0

Post by hansolo0 »

Hey it's really cool what you are doing steve. I look forward to visiting the alien starports! Thanks and keep up the good work!
dhillsr

Post by dhillsr »

Scientific.

I am now looking for the hypercube. Funnt thing is, I can't find it on the Planets that I had seen it before.

Not sure which number mission, as I didn't count them.
jmneill

Post by jmneill »

I am currently looking for the hypercube. Can anyone give a hint to where it is. I also posted in missions discussion.

Regards
John
Alvarin

Post by Alvarin »

On one of previous missions it is said that the marker is embedded close to equator and prime meridian.
You should search around there in a not-too-distant area. There is another artefact there, quite obvious and therefore a distraction. The hyperCUBE quite blends in with environment and is hard to spot, given the obvious one nearby. Hope that helps without much spoil. Good luck!

I am doing Scientific, the plague mission.