Cyberpunk 2077

For general inquiries or off-topic discussions. Any topics that do not belong on the other forums go here.
Blake00

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Blake00 »

Is it sad that I've watched the 45 min Cyberpunk gameplay footage like 3 times now lol? I just can't get enough of it. For those that got bored I should point out it gets way better after the opening 10-15min mission. Takes me back to so many films like blade Runner, Minority Report, Judge Dread (both 90s and especially 2012 version), 5th element etc. Reminds me that I need to check out that recent cyberpunk TV show called Altered Carbon! Mates keep talking about it being really good.

I play a lot of futuresynth, 80s synth, retro synth music on youtube and the videos are often accompanied by cool animations of retro futuristic cars driving through cyberpunk style dystopian cities at night with glowing blue and purple nights. In the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage when you see them get in the retro sportscar and drive around the city GTA5 style I knew right away that there's gonna be moments where I break off from the main game just go for a drive at night playing some tunes haha.
http://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/Starflight
Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Steve »

Looks like it's going to be built on the same engine as The Witcher series except in first person? Definitely looks interesting.
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Steve wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:03 pm Looks like it's going to be built on the same engine as The Witcher series except in first person? Definitely looks interesting.
Not sure if it's an entirely new engine or an enhanced version of the W3 engine.. either way it looks bloody amazing haha!

This awesome E3 trailer with Keanu Reeves is old news now I know.. but apparently the full big gameplay footage they privately showed at E3 will be out soon publicly at Gamescon. Can't wait to sit down and take it all in like I did with the last big 45min one haha.

Blake's Sanctum - Starflight Series: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, & fan games!
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Sadly it looks like they decided not to show that private E3 gameplay demo however they've made a new 15min 'Deep dive' video for Gamescon followed by a half hour Q&A session with the Devs. Man that nethacker whip thing looks awesome!

Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Here's all the Night Wires they've done so far.. really enjoy watching these! Think there maybe one more coming before release.. unless the game is bloody delayed yet again haha!

Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back..

Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!