Do I have the right Hypercube?

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Wardog

Do I have the right Hypercube?

Post by Wardog »

Hi all,
First off, let me say I love this game. I played Starflight way back in the day and have been looking for something comparable ever since - without success - until now! It's like a rift in the space-time continuum. I've gone back in time to a place I thought was long gone. Thank you for this great game.

I am still in the training missions and having some trouble with the Hypercube on Civin in the Faidh system. The mission parameters say to "pick it up" and return it to Myrrdan. The only one I have found so far will not let me pick it up. I can only holo-record it. When I do that and return to Starport, I can collect the $10,000 reward, but the status still reads "incomplete". As soon as I click on the reward window, it skips to a mission in Tafel space (even though the Hypercube mission is incomplete). Is there another hypercube on Civin or something else I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Do I have the right Hypercube?

Post by Steve »

There is only one hypercube in game, and there is something unusual about it.

Originally there were twenty-five training missions and they were quite tiresome -- unfortunately with hardcoded mission numbers there was no easy way to skip over missions 11-25 and jump to mission #26 since by the time this was discovered, the rest of the game was already written.

When the player picks up the hypercube, a warp in the space-time continuum occurs and the player is yanked into the future (from mission #10 to mission #25) by his inadvertent touch of this fourth dimensional artifact and some weirdness such as incomplete status messages should be expected.