Newbie--Help

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Frank47_1999

Newbie--Help

Post by Frank47_1999 »

Much to my embarrassment I'm unable to do anything as when I started I have no money thus I'm unable to buy anything therefore I'm unable to leave Space port. Any advice would be welcomed

Thanks
Frank
Australia
erlhantos

Re: Newbie--Help

Post by erlhantos »

after you complete the missions in the space port you should have enough cash to get a class one engine, one cargo pod and one unit of endurium. now your first mission outside of space port is to orbit around the home planet, you do not not have to orbit it, just turn around and orbit the planet and then dock to space port, saving yourself some precious fuel. that mission should pay 1,000 mu's which will let you buy one more unit of endurium. your next mission is to go to the planet Islay and do a scan of it then return. After you do the scan of the planet land on it, and go pick up some endurium and pick up only the expensive metals you only have one cargo pod. Also on Islay there is an abandoned Monolith at 37S x 15W. After you return with the extra endurium and the expensive metal ores, do not switch engines or anything else, use the money to stock up on cargo pods the more of them you have the more ore and and creatures you can carry. Also do not leave the system of Arth until your ship regardless of profession is fixed up with the best of everything it is allowed. Hope this helps you to get going, I am writing a file with locations of ruins in the system of Arth also which planets have what repair minerals and endurium available on them.

Erlhantos El'Rhynn
Frank47_1999

Post by Frank47_1999 »

Thanks erlhantos that was quite informative. I'll follow your advice to the letter. I am writing a file with locations of ruins in the system of Arth ------------------------That's a very good idea.

Once again thanks

Cheers
Frank
erlhantos

Post by erlhantos »

actually i have finished the file locations in the system of Arth. You actually get to pick up two items in the system: Rod Device and the Nid Berry Statue. i just have to finish writing my notes to word then copy paste it to the hints section it should be done later tonite or early tomorrow it should be in the hints section. I have all three professions the scientific so far is the one with the best ship, it only needs to upgrade it's shields to class 6, the rest is already at the top class for the ship.
like i said do not leave Arth until you have a fighting chance against the pirates that control the Area where Arth is. I have done some exploration of the systems near Arth. once i have finished with those systems i will post the info to the hints section. have fun it's a great game.
Frank47_1999

Post by Frank47_1999 »

G'day erlhantos

then copy paste it to the hints section -------------------------I have been unable to find the HINT section. I've just recently started the game ---under Scientific and so far I have updated my engines to Class 3. I have a long way to go before departing the system.

Cheers
Frank
erlhantos

Post by erlhantos »

Frank you should be able to find it now since i had to create a new topic Hints and locations :-). At this time that is all the info that was gathered regarding the system of Arth, if there is anything else to discover while I explore the system I will post them in that topic. Also my scientific guy only needs to upgrade his shields to class 6 from class 4, the rest of the stuff is at the top of class available. I also am running the other two professions and those ships are missing one or two items to be in the top class available, so it should not take long for me to go exploring the nearby systems and taking notes of important things, basically locations of ruins and articrafts, and what repair minerals are available in more then 5 ores per various planets in the system. Hope the file i posted helps you to get your ship ready for the pirates, cause once you move a ways from the nearby systems they will be chasing after you.

george
erlhantos

Post by erlhantos »

Good for you Frank glad to hear you got out of star port, now hit the planets with no life forms first, that way you do not have to keep spending 2,000 Mu's every time your cargo pod gets destroyed by the life forms. I learned it the hard way by loosing at least 3 of them on the ice planet, lucky for me there were enough minerals to sell and buy a new cargo pod, but that delayed upgrading the ship. Good luck and good hunting.

george
Frank47_1999

Post by Frank47_1999 »

George

you do not have to keep spending 2,000 Mu's every time your cargo pod gets destroyed by the life forms-------------------Now you tell me..... LOL

I learned it the hard way by loosing at least 3 of them on the ice planet------------------well we have 1 thing in common because I lost 3 too.

Good luck and good hunting---------------if you see a damaged Mu wondering around lost on a planet it's most likely going to be mine ................LOL

Frank
erlhantos

Post by erlhantos »

the nice thing about The Lost Colony is if you loose your TV to an attack you at least do not loose your crew, only the stuff you have picked up on the trip. In the original starflight some of your crew might have died. So you had to hire new crew members and train them. Well wish me luck since later today I will go check out the system NE from Arth it's pretty close and I can make it there before the pirates get me, my scientific guy has class 5 shields and class 6 engine so i think i can manage to outrun them if necessary since there is little chance of out gunning them with the useless weapons they let you have. Hope the hints file in the hints and locations topic will help you and others to get around Arth and find the two important artecrafts in the system.
Once i map the next system will post my findings in the same topic area.
So you lost 3 cargo pods also LOL, after the 3rd one i started looking for planets with no life forms and just kept going back to them in alternating order building up my craft and having spare MU's for purchase of TV's if necessary, also keep the ship very close to your TV, that way u do not have far to run to avoid getting trashed, or when you see a life form approaching highlight the life form and start stunning it when it stops go collect it.
Frank47_1999

Post by Frank47_1999 »

George
Well wish me luck--------------------Go for it, you can boldly go where no one has gone before
Frank