genetic smaples`

For discussions about the release version of the game.
LKSTEVE

genetic smaples`

Post by LKSTEVE »

I had no problem getting the first 4 samples but then....trouble. I get ignored or blown away by everyone I ask foe genetic material now. I can't recall the specifics now but I know I needed stuff from the Thrynn and they don't like me! I have hit a stone wall and I'm tired of wandering around doing the same fruitless things. HELP please.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: genetic smaples`

Post by Steve »

A couple hints:
You need a total of seven to beat the quest:

1 race has four different types of genetic material. You won't get all four types unless you salvage them randomly from their destroyed ships
1 race wants to be flattered first, and if their attitude is very very positive they will give it to you (if you load the debug version, it's 85+)
2 races want something salvaged from another race
1 race wants data from another race, and if you give it to them you have to get the data second time (check your cargo hold)
Minex & Thrynn & Tafel are completely hostile, and their data can only be salvaged from destroyed ships

If you want spoilers, let me know and I'll send you a private message.
LKSTEVE

Post by LKSTEVE »

I would love to have spoilers! I have tried a couple of the things in your list and all I get is loads of salvaged copper after I win the battle, this is a far cry from the way I recall the original game, and it will take some adjustment on my part. Thanks Steve!
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Spoilers below... (You have been warned)

For the Elowan you need to keep talking to them and asking questions and making positive statements until their attitude is 85+, then they will give you their own genetic material to return to the scientists

The Spemin need to be tricked into giving their data

The Nyssian will give their data for free in exchange for "a scan of the hypercube"

The Coalition will give you data for the following:
1. Offer 20 energy crystals and they'll tell you that they want a nuclear reactor stolen from a Bar-zhon world and then they will give you their data. (Sabian)

2. Transmodra data = free

3. BX data: only if you are successful at collecting Thrynn data from destroying one of the ships

Bar-zhon: provides their data in exchange for any coalition data

I guess salvaging is required for at least one of these, I had planned to make it possible to do without combat but difficult. Tafel ships are the easiest to destroy for the 7th, and in the next patch I'll make the requirement only six
TEPonta

Post by TEPonta »

If the game ever gets changed so I can get past this mission without combat, I'll give it another try. Either that or a revised combat mode along the lines of Starflight 1 or 2.

After several days of losing my ship on every single engagement, this has stopped being fun and gone beyond annoying to infuriating. I never did like shoot-em-up arcade games, and if I'd known this would turn into one, I'd have never downloaded it.

Just a personal shortcoming I'll have to learn to live with I guess.
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

Do not quit the game. Press F10 and advance to the next quest.
TEPonta

Post by TEPonta »

I've pressed F10 from every screen I can call up with no results. How do I enable it?
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Responded to your private message about this - the coalition will provide 2 samples without any combat and you can destroy pirates to get the last one.

The F10 key only works with a debugging version of the game. Send me a p.m. if you want a copy

I cut most fleets down by a factor of 10X in the 1.03 release. Besides the Minex combat which is intentionally nearly impossible, certain races should be far easier to fight than others...