Mouse Movement Issues

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Steve
Site Admin

Mouse Movement Issues

Post by Steve »

Some people have reported mouse movement problems within the game. I have not personally seen this problem, but other developers ran into this issue years ago.

The easiest solution is to go into windowed mode: from the main menu, go to settings, and turn full-screen to off.

The problem seems to be mice with high dpi. Another solution is to go into the mouse settings for your pointing device. From either Windows control panel or from an icon on the Windows tray, lower the DPI setting to one of the lower settings well under 1000.
Gherrick

Re: Mouse Movement Issues

Post by Gherrick »

My issue is that there is a vertical offset between the mouse pointer location in game and outside the game (in windowed mode). It makes the lower portion of the window unclickable, and thus I cannot get past character creation.

I'm also using a 1080p monitor, and the 1048x768 is playing havoc when I switch to full screen (I only see the upper left 20-30% of the window).
twobitcoder

Re: Mouse Movement Issues

Post by twobitcoder »

Thanks for the feedback, Gherrick. I think we need to re-open this game and refresh it for 2014 to address all of the silly issues like mouse and CPU usage and other issues reported. It's a shame after thousands of hours invested to have silly little problems wreck someone's enjoyment of the game. :(