Endurium sprite?

For discussions about the release version of the game.
DistantThunder

Endurium sprite?

Post by DistantThunder »

I've noticed that in the planetsurface directory there is a tga file with a dedicated image for endurium which is the same image as the standard mineral spite but with a redder hue. In the mineral.lua script we see that the there is special handling for endurium to have it use this image and to make endurium deposits on planets have up to 5 units of ore. This special code never gets executed though because the elseif clause above it handles the endurium mineral because the condition is <= 54 (and 54 is the ID for endurium). My question is: is this a bug or was it decided at some point in development not to give it special handling and the unused code was just never removed? Obviously, giving endurium a unique sprite would make the game somewhat easier since it would be much faster to collect because you could identify it without having to land and scan the deposit. I can easily "fix" this myself by just updating the script but its kind of cheating if its not the way the game is supposed to work. ;)

Code: Select all

--cheaper ores are more numerous
	if (id <= 40) then
		L_LoadImage("data/planetsurface/ore_sprite.tga")
		L_SetDamage(math.random(1, 4))

--rare ores are less numerous
	elseif (id <= 54) then
		L_LoadImage("data/planetsurface/ore_sprite.tga")
		L_SetDamage(math.random(1, 3))

--endurium uses it's own image
	elseif (id == 54) then --endurium
		L_LoadImage("data/planetsurface/endurium_sprite.tga")
		L_SetDamage(math.random(1, 5))
	end
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Endurium sprite?

Post by Steve »

Too many student programmers worked on this project ;)

Feel free to change that to an (id <= 53)

Thanks for catching it, I've modified it for the next patch.