Nyssian Space: Game crashes on encounter alarm

For discussions about the release version of the game.
mcbarker

Nyssian Space: Game crashes on encounter alarm

Post by mcbarker »

I'm playing Freelance class, and seem to have found an issue. I am exploring Nyssian space (not as an assigned mission), and each time the encounter alarm goes off, the game crashes to the desktop. It's absolutely repeatable (happens every time). Also, my ship is fully rigged out, but my weapons seem to have no effect on enemy ships. My ship is destroyed quickly on each encounter (either pirates or Tafel).

System specs:
Dell XPS 720 H2C
Nvidia GTX570
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Nyssian Space: Game crashes on encounter alarm

Post by Steve »

I'd be happy to resolve this, but I'd need the following information:

Mission: (title of the current mission)
... And a list of the artifacts in the ship's hold

Alternatively you could e-mail me a copy of the saved game - I'll send you a private message with details.
Desaix

Post by Desaix »

Just signed up because I'm playing the game for the first time, and encounter the same problem, only from a Science background. Current quest is "soil samples," and every time I enter Nyssian space and have an encouncer I have a crash to desktop (additionally, even though I am supposed to get soil samples from four planets, I've only managed to get one -- Fiochra II -- so far, and it's marked the mission complete).

Running under home-built PC running WinXP, on an i3 3.33GHz with 4 gigs of ram.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

I believe I finally found this one - sending you both a possible fix via e-mail.
mcbarker

Post by mcbarker »

Thanks Steve. The fix worked. No more CTDs.
chippy-61

Post by chippy-61 »

Hi to all,
First off I would like to say a big thank you to everyone that has worked on this game and made it possible for so many of us to once again enjoy starflight.
As is the case with many others I guess I played the original versions way back and have so many fond memories.I have been thoughrly enjoying the lost colony as well but have now hit on the same problem as others in this thread re the game crashing to desktop uopn an encounter with the nyssian.

I am at present trying to complete the freelance archeaology expedition.I have tried clearing the ships hold of everything except Fuel and the ticking cylinder
Also i have tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling.Neither has solved the problem.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Simple fix: upgrade to version 1.02. I incorporated the code fix that I made two weeks ago with a number of small fixes that I have been meaning to submit for some time.
chippy-61

Post by chippy-61 »

Thank you very much for solving this problem Steve and also for your work that has gone into the release of the latest version 1.02.