Radioactive elements?

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Kagnus

Radioactive elements?

Post by Kagnus »

I have been looking around for radioactives to complete the Nyssian Data Crystal mission. The Bar-Zhon referred to the Tafel as being traders of radioactive wastes so I started combing planets in the Tafel sector. Found a whirling disk on a frozen world in the Oende system, but not a single unit of radioactive material. Will Thorium work? It is certainly a radioactive element. I was trying to avoid annihilating the Elowan.

Also, do artifacts have an effect on your ship or are they just for completing missions?
DBG719

Re: Radioactive elements?

Post by DBG719 »

Regarding radioactives....you are on the right track. Read the Radium & Uranium thread. Thorium does not work in this game.

Artifacts do nothing for your ship except to take up space in your hold. They are not needed after you complete the mission. There is some thought that they may even cause problems later in the game, so they should be sold or jettisoned after you complete the mission.

Good Luck
Kagnus

Re: Radioactive elements?

Post by Kagnus »

Found a bunch of uranium and radium. Had 11 and 8 units of radium and uranium when I met with the Thrynn. Sadly the game took ALL of my radioactives, but I guess it isn't really a big deal since I know where to get them now.