You are AWESOME!

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Zoopy Joobles

You are AWESOME!

Post by Zoopy Joobles »

THANK YOU for making this game. I played the original when I was a kid and LOVED it. Imagine my excitment as I idly stumbled across this project while surfing at work today.

Please set up a donate button so I and other fans can throw some money at you. You MUST be supported, I am convinced of that. After the horror of Skyrim, I have sworn off AAA titles and play only indie games. PLEASE keep making them.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: You are AWESOME!

Post by Steve »

I threw a donate button on the main starflt.com site - if you want to contribute towards the continued hosting of the game, forum, and site in the future. FYI - Web hosting costs are about $130/year. I tried Google ads, but they bring in roughly $1/month so I'm keeping the site ad free.

To keep things in perspective, games like this one require an enormous amount of work and dedication by a very diverse group of talented people in order to be completed and there is no feasible and fair way that I know of rewarding everyone directly for how much work they put into it.

The game is no longer under active development. I've personally put out the last few betas and releases and hope to maybe dedicating a day or two on fixing up a number of things for 1.02, but unfortunately that's about it for the open-source PC platform. There was an aborted attempt to remake the original game with this engine and you might see the lost colony appear on another platform, but that's another story.