Video is mirrored/scrambled

For discussions about the release version of the game.
malochai

Video is mirrored/scrambled

Post by malochai »

So at this point I've d/l'd both version 1.01 and 1.00 and both do the same thing.

The video is sort of cut in half and reversed. it's like strips are rendered out of place...mouse scrolling is also affected.

Any help please....it's unplayable at present and I'd really like to relive my misspent youth :mrgreen:
malochai

Re: Video is mirrored/scrambled

Post by malochai »

I'm alone in this issue?

Perhaps a little more info might help....???

Running WinXP SP3
x1300 Video @ 1024x768
C++ 2008 w/ a couple updates .9.6somthing or other
also had c++ 2010 but removed it hoping perhaps that was the issue

also managed to fight my way into Options and with a bit of luck managed to disable Fullscreen....to no avail....it's still sort of cut into misplaced strips....only scaled to fit the window. Running in debug mode has same results only with the info string in bottom left corner.

anyone, anything?
Sydex

Post by Sydex »

Try 800x600...
Kirothelen

Post by Kirothelen »

I was having this same issue on Windows 8 Consumer Preview (64-bit) but not on Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) on the same machine. My only guess, considering the Windows 8 CP is pretty much a finished product, would be incorrect drivers. The 64-bit driver for my graphics card is currently incompatible with Windows 8 CP but the 32-bit driver works well enough, though some games have varying degrees of graphical bugs.

Check drivers. Tweak with compatibility settings. That's the best advice I've got - hope it helps.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

This always seems to happen with video card drivers with broken or missing OpenGL support. If you want to test your OpenGL capabilities, download this program:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programmin ... ewer.shtml

This will tell you what versions of OpenGL your video card drivers currently support and also will provide a direct link to the manufactures page to download updated drivers if needed. If you can get 100% functionality on all OpenGL modes, I believe this will solve these types of problems. Not all video cards have drivers that provide full support of OpenGL, but plenty of cards are simply running with the wrong drivers.