Windows Vista & Windows 7: Micosoft Visual C++ Debug Library

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Steve
Site Admin

Windows Vista & Windows 7: Micosoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Post by Steve »

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
Debug Error!
Program C:\Program Files\starflighttlc\starflighttlc.exe

I have received descriptions of this bug when orbiting planets, when landing on planets, either intermittently or consistently. If you are running the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 please try running the game with administrative level access and see if this resolves the problem.

To do this, right-click on the "Starflight TLC" icon and click "run as administrator"

If this fixes your problem, please let me know. If this does not solve your problem, please reply to this post with:

1. Windows version
2. Video card model
3. Exactly which steps are required to duplicate this problem

My primary computer runs Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with UAC control turned off, which means that all applications at all times run with administrative access. I have not been able to duplicate this error either on my Windows XP test machine. However running Windows Vista under VMPlayer I see this message upon orbiting just about any planet. Running as administrator resolves the problem.
DBG719

Re: Windows Vista & Windows 7: Micosoft Visual C++ Debug Lib

Post by DBG719 »

Run As Administrator appears to be working fine. The problem is persistent if the game is not Run As Adminstrator.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Try the latest 1.01 version I just uploaded today and let me know if it resolves your problem. The game is no longer installing to the program files directory by the way.
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. I used the uninstall program to remove Release 1. It removed all of the Starflight files from my system EXCEPT my saved game data files. Very Cool. I downloaded and re-installed Release 1.01 and everything seems to be working well. I noticed a couple of dialogue updates/changes that are included in 1.01. Off to where no man has gone before.