Skipped missions when reloading saved game

For discussions about the release version of the game.
psusi

Skipped missions when reloading saved game

Post by psusi »

Yesterday I was on the mission where you are supposed to investigate the pirate base on the rock. I think it is like mission number 8 or 10. Today when I loaded the save game, I'm now on mission 27. Has this happened to anyone else?
Corgano

Re: Skipped missions when reloading saved game

Post by Corgano »

Well, I had something like this happen, sort of. They went through and cut out a lot of training missions and I was on one of those missions. It didn't automatically jump me forward, so I had to use the F10 key to skip missions to get to one that wasn't removed. I just can't remember which mission I had to skip to. It was in the 20's though.

You may just want to start over and see if things go normally now.
Hope this helps a bit.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Skipped missions when reloading saved game

Post by Steve »

Because of the large number of training missions that were removed the game implements plot advancement like this:

Progressing to mission 10 is normal, when picking up the hypercube a special flag sets the mission number to 25. (which is a mirror of mission 10) Turning in the hypercube to starport advances the mission number to 26 and from that point on the missions are sequential again.

Picking up the hypercube again later will mess up the quest number counter, as will pressing F10, F11, F12.

I cannot get it to mess up over here, so if someone can figure out exactly where things go awry from the sequence described above I would appreciate it. Watch the quest number in the top left corner before and after saving or loading a game, etc.