Repetitive Encounters

For discussions about the release version of the game.
UglyAlien

Repetitive Encounters

Post by UglyAlien »

First, I just found Starflight: The Lost Colony last night and and an old Starflight fan I'm delighted.

The Beta 5-2 installed and worked perfectly on a Win7 pro 64 bit machine. It won't run on a virtual machine running XP pro, however. From the log messages the problem with running on a virtual machine seems to be inablity to detect the video card.

Re game play I am stuck (fairly early in the game, mission 26) in a repetitive situation where I encounter Spemin the moment I click on any Crew Member key (eg on the Navigator/F3 key). Immediately means immediately. I can leave the encounter by reentering hyperspace and just go right back to another Spemin encounter. Being nice to the Spemin, asking all possible questions, scanning them and blowing them all to smithereens doesn't seem to matter.

Is there something I am missing about encounters or is this a buglet?

Signed
"I the Ugly Alien in yours the Veloxi space" :-)
toyotaed

Re: Repetitive Encounters

Post by toyotaed »

Welcome to the Forum, Mate. Glad to have you aboard.
Last edited by toyotaed on Sat May 14, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

UglyAlien wrote: Re game play I am stuck (fairly early in the game, mission 26) in a repetitive situation where I encounter Spemin the moment I click on any Crew Member key (eg on the Navigator/F3 key). Immediately means immediately. I can leave the encounter by reentering hyperspace and just go right back to another Spemin encounter. Being nice to the Spemin, asking all possible questions, scanning them and blowing them all to smithereens doesn't seem to matter.
This might be another case of too many features - see the debugging keys that have been enabled in this beta: https://sites.google.com/site/starflighttlc/downloads

F3 just happens to initiate a Spemin encounter when you are in the Hyperspace module. It will not do so in the final release, but in this beta you'll need to only use the mouse for selecting crewmembers.

By the way, I tested all of the betas with VMWare player - and they work fine as long as the screen size is 1024x768 or larger.

- Steve
UglyAlien

Post by UglyAlien »

F3 just happens to initiate a Spemin encounter when you are in the Hyperspace module.
Aha! OK, thanks. Off to finish the quest.

Drew Sullivan aka Ugly Alien