Money

For discussions about the release version of the game.
Frank47_1999

Money

Post by Frank47_1999 »

It wouldn't surprise me if this subject has already been raised. It's taking an eternity to gather enough money to buy the best of everything before venturing out into "Outer Space". Is there a way of speeding up the process??

Frank
DBG719

Re: Money

Post by DBG719 »

1st down load the game manual. It tells you the high value minerals and creatures.

Buy as many cargo pods as you can....max is 16.

Go to a nearby planet/asteroid and land and start mining.

From the manual fill your pods with creatures and minerals of high value.

When they get scarce, go back into orbit and land again. Start mining and capturing.

Repeat until cargo pods are full.

Go back to Starport and sell your minerals and creatures.

Do what you want with your profits.

Good Hunting.
Frank47_1999

Post by Frank47_1999 »

Thanks mate

Frank
Frank47_1999

Post by Frank47_1999 »

As suggested by DBG719 I started to buy as much as possible so as to update everything before venturing to other systems. At one stage I wondered whether its worth it. If one averages $5000 in sales from a full load in the cargo simple mathematics will show that he needs to do 148 runs to fully update all the ships items. That 148 runs before he can leave the system. Is it worth it??
No one is that patience, there must be a better way. I'm positive that the original game didn't have this parameters.

Frank
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Many of the missions will offer possibilities to boost your ship equipment by one class. This affects just about everything: engines, shields, lasers, and missiles and will happen multiple times for the same equipment. If your ship is already fully upgraded, you'll get a lesser board or no reward. For example:

"Taking this item back to the Bar-zhon increases the shield class by 1, or provides an attitude boost and 15 units of endurium if the player shields class is already maxed out."