Scientific Quest 35

For discussions about the release version of the game.
DBG719

Scientific Quest 35

Post by DBG719 »

Scienitific Captain Double Bogey of the USS Hole-In-One here. You guys have done a terrific job! I am starting Quest 35 looking for the planet with the exotic particle core. Found a small typo, I think.....in talking to the Bar-zhon, the dialogue says "Would you please tell us to decode this data on exotic particles". Seems like the word "how" should be in the dialogue.

Thank you for the starmap and the Galaxy Editor.....they really helped to identify the O class stars. They were a bit hard to pick out in the starmap inside the game.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: BETA 5 Download

Post by Steve »

DBG719 wrote:Bar-zhon, the dialogue says "Would you please tell us to decode this data on exotic particles". Seems like the word "how" should be in the dialogue. .
Thanks, the fix will appear in the next patched version. I plan to release it after a few people have succeeded in getting through all the missions.
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

Quest 35-Exotic Planet-Elowan Dialogue

“This is Captain X of the starship X. We are on a quest to further the knowledge of all sentients. We are interested in information what you can decode from this derelict’s computer data concerning an exotic planet.”

"what" should come before "information" or "what" should be changed to "that".
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

I thought I had a problem. I thought I hit F9 to talk to the Coalition and when I talked to them I noticed that I had advanced to the next quest. I started playing around. I did not know that if you hit F10 or F11 you advance to the next quest and if you hit F12 you go back one quest. So I must have mistakenly hit F10.
DBG719

Post by DBG719 »

OK I am confused. Quest 35-Exotic Planet......the quest description said to look for a small planet with very heavy gravity. The Bar-zhon say it is an acidic planet. The Elowan say it has a F or G star. And the Thrynn ask me to go look for a device stolen from them. When I go get the device, it is on a rocky planet with low gravity and starport says I solved the quest. Oh well, on to Chaos.
toyotaed

Post by toyotaed »

@ DBG

Which planet did you go to? The planet I went to for this quest had heavy gravity.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

DBG719 wrote:Quest 35-Exotic Planet-Elowan Dialogue

“This is Captain X of the starship X. We are on a quest to further the knowledge of all sentients. We are interested in information what you can decode from this derelict’s computer data concerning an exotic planet.”

"what" should come before "information" or "what" should be changed to "that".
Thanks, fixed. The scripts use a sentence combining algorithm that makes proofreading difficult. I wrote:

player="Quest for the exotic planet.",
introFragment= "Elowan vessel. This is Captain [CAPTAIN] of the starship [SHIPNAME]. We are on a quest to further the knowledge of all sentients.",
playerFragment= "what you can decode from this derelict's computer data concerning an exotic planet", fragmentVeto= {o= {1,2}, f= {1,2,3,4}, h={1,4}},
alien={"Thou dost seek after the rare truth indeed. 'Tis our analysis that the location orbits a F or G class star. Fragmentary lies all other data." }
}

... That fragment veto statement is what I added just now to veto the random choices that would've created poor grammar like the example you received. Please keep an eye out for other mistakes.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

DBG719 wrote:OK I am confused. Quest 35-Exotic Planet......the quest description said to look for a small planet with very heavy gravity. The Bar-zhon say it is an acidic planet. The Elowan say it has a F or G star. And the Thrynn ask me to go look for a device stolen from them. When I go get the device, it is on a rocky planet with low gravity and starport says I solved the quest. Oh well, on to Chaos.
F11 = Skip to next quest
F12 = jump back to previous quest jump back to previous quest

Watch the quest and stage debugging indicator in the top left corner. The game should force you to orbit a certain small acid planet with heavy gravity before it marks the quest has completed.

When the quest is not completed, the indicator next to quest is (0). When you have triggered the condition to complete the quest, it changes to (1).

Also:

PIRATE F1
ELOWAN F2
SPEMIN F3
THRYNN F4
BARZHON F5
NYSSIAN F6
TAFEL F7
MINEX F8
COALITION F9

The Thrynn have absolutely nothing to add and do not have a special communication prompt when this mission is active. Only the Spemin seem to have something to say other than the races you mentioned already.

For simplicity I am going to split up the forum into two sections. Feel free to open up new threads for new quests or subjects.
DBG719

Re: Scientific Quest 35

Post by DBG719 »

The Thrynn sent me to Eocho in the Etarlam system looking for a Spiral Lens.
DBG719

Re: Scientific Quest 35

Post by DBG719 »

Since I now know how to go back and redo a quest, I went back to quest 35 and retraced my steps. This time it did not complete the quest. So I am back on track looking for the right planet.