Scavenger Hunt Mission got me stumped

Discussion of the new series of beta test releases of this game.
psusi

Scavenger Hunt Mission got me stumped

Post by psusi »

I found the first two ruins on the warmest planet around the coldest star, but now I am stumped. I think I understand the first part of the clue to mean go to the warmer of the two acid planets in the starting system, but I can not for the life of me figure out the second part. It said something about the coldest extremes, which I take to mean the polar regions, create two lines that intersect at 60 only once.

I can not figure out what that means, so I just spent an hour roaming around the planet trying to systematically scan every square inch searching for the next clue. I finally did find some ruins and a rod artifact, but that's apparently not what I'm looking for. That reminds me, what do you do with artifacts other than turn them in for missions? In the old starflight, you had to have starport analyze them and sometimes they would be able to tell you something or give you an item you could use, or you could then sell it at the trade depot for big bucks. It seems all I can do with it is sell it and not for much. Also on that hot acid planet I have seen a number of what appear to be tombstones on the surface, though you can not interact with them. What's up with that?
psusi

Re: Scavenger Hunt Mission got me stumped

Post by psusi »

13 people have looked at this and nobody has an answer? I'd really like to finish the missions but I can not proceed.
Alvarin

Post by Alvarin »

Go on either 60E line or 60W line full north to south till you find it. If both empty, go to another planet. Good luck!
Or was it 60N and 60S ... Either way 4 straight lines are better than area scan...
psusi

Post by psusi »

I finally found it near the south pole at 60E. This clue is horrible.